Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cement Table

Hmmm. So my Mom and I have been talking for a while about a cement table for the patio. I was bored the other day and looked it up on the Net. Next thing I knew I was at Menards. 

$4.00 bag of cement.
$5.00 coloring solution.
$3.00 bag of white decorative rocks.

I realize I did not need the rocks yet, but what the heck. 

I built 2 small forms out of wood to play around with. I mixed the cement and coloring solution and ended up with red cement. 

The picture here is of the cement poured into one of the forms. The problem is I mixed too much water at the beginning so I could not take the water away. I was not thinking on that one. So the cement was very watery. That may have been part of my problem as the one form I took apart today and it still felt damp, it cracked and the edges are not the best. Especially for what is to be a finished product. 

Back to the drawing board. 

If you have any cement tips please let me know. 

Jeffery

No comments: