Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Playing with Clay

~ listening to Mumford and Sons their Babel Album

Remember you can click on the pictures to see a larger version of  that pic.

I thought I would try something with some clay. I had no idea really what I was going to do or how it would turn out. I should have taken some pictures along the way...but they would have probably been kind of boring. After conditioning the clay and making some flat pieces I ended up with the below hunk of clay.


The start of my first Mokume Gane. After slicing I can't believe what I ended up with. See below. (I think my Mom is going to *#!^). hee hee, she likes things that look different like this. I saw her save a small scrap of  tiles once to make art out of, well she is a great artist. :) Love ya Mom!! 






Hmm, what am I going to do with these? So I cut some of them out and placed them on a black border as seen below. 




The above pieces I am probably going to glue them to a picture frame, which is the actual project out of a book I got. I ended up with a lot of this stuff. So then I decided to create a necklace for each of the kids. 


then I noticed one of them kind of looked like a fish, so I started making fish out of it. This first fish (rotate problem again) should be rotated counter clockwise once. This was actually the last fish I made, I added some texture for scales and raised his tail feathers and fins. I also gave him a little different background. 


This little guy below, well, he should be rotated clockwise twice. He is actually upside down right now. I do not know why I cannot rotate some of these. 



Here is a school of fish. Again, rotate once counter clock wise or tilt your head. hee hee. 


This one I thought looked like a Koi. He needs a tilt once counter clockwise. 


I am not sure what I am going to do with the fish yet. I'm thinking about attaching them to some sort of background like a piece of slate or marble to then hang on the wall...?? 

~ Jeffery

No comments: